Brockway Entertainment is an urban music marketing & promotion company based in Ottawa, Ontario.
The mission of Brockway Entertainment is to assist independent Canadian hip-hop artists in exposing their music via radio, press & print throughout North America.
The credentials of founder Brockway Biggs, include:
* Publicist in 2006 for Juno winners/nominees Classified, Eternia & Skratch Bastid.
* Won a 2005 East Coast Music Award (ECMA) as an artist.
* Nominated for Community Service Award at the 2005 Canadian Urban Music Awards (CUMA).
* Nominated for Manager of the Year at the 2005 ECMA Awards.
* Founded the bi-weekly Atlantic Canada Hip-Hop e-Newsletter (2004-2006).
* Staff writer (2001-2005) for HipHopCanada.com, which won the Canadian Urban Music Award for best online site in 2002, 2003 & 2004. View the archive (1998 onward)
* Staff hip-hop writer (1998-2006) for university newspaper.
"I have mentioned to people within my office that I feel he has a good career ahead of him in artist management. I was impressed with the amount of buzz he has created for himself, especially on the east coast of Canada, which is always a difficult market for hip-hop. His business sense & presentation is impressive."
- Christopher McKee, UMAC "Booking Agent of the Year", SL Feldman & Associates, Toronto, ON
"In the five years I have known him, he has consistently surprised me: he's gone from being a humble music reviewer to an ECMA winner, all because of his creative and persistent self-promotion. He has worked relentlessly toward his goals, never losing sight of reality, keeping his goals close and his friends even closer. I look forward to seeing what he'll accomplish next."
- Sean Patrick Sullivan, President Canadian University Press, Editor-in-Chief - The Martlet, Vancouver, BC.
"He is a very well organized person. His projects show that he has taken the time to do his homework. Others could certainly benefit from his experience!"
- Murielle Savoie, NB Sound Initiative Program Manager, Fredericton, NB
"He has been a national radio consultant on our latest album release of Classified - 'Boy-Cott-In The Industry.' We are very impressed with his solid work ethic and networking skills. "
- Darryl Rodway, Urbnet Communications, Toronto, ON
"He was finally rewarded for his hard work winning an ECMA award. That award is a testimony to his determination and creativity in being able to find new and creative ways to market himself and his music. Other artists should take note."
- Mark Roberts, "East Coast Music Show" Host, Capital-FM Radio, Fredericton, NB
"He has proven to be one of Atlantic Canada's most resourceful individuals as he has gained connections to almost every aspect of the business side of a musical career. His strive, persistence and ability to follow through with his work has deemed him as an influential part of Atlantic Canada's hip-hop scene."
- Brian Pelrine aka DJ IV, DMC Moncton Champ, DJ for Universal Soul & CTG Records, Halifax, NS